Denver Scholarship Foundation plans to award $5 Million next year | Schools
As the April 1 deadline approaches for Denver Scholarship Foundation (DSF) scholarships, high school seniors are working with counselors and advisors to complete and submit their application as well as the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Since its launch in 2007, DSF has awarded more than $13.3 million in scholarships to 2,638 DPS graduates, and it plans to award another $5 million to graduates next year alone. As of fall 2011, 80 percent of all DSF Scholars are either still enrolled in college or have completed their program. Thousands of students receive support for college enrollment, FAFSA and college scholarship applications via Future Centers, which are located in DPS high schools and operated by the Denver Scholarship Foundation. Future Centers have served 25,000 DPS students since 2007, inspiring and assisting them on their journey toward college.
About 78% of DSF scholars will be among the first generation in their family to graduate from college. The need-based DSF Scholarships are available to qualifying students who have attended a DPS high school for four years.
WHAT: FAFSA Workshop – includes interview/photo opportunity
WHO: DPS high school students and DSF advisors
WHEN: TODAY -- March 15 @ 10 a.m.
WHERE: Emily Griffith High School
1250 Welton St. 80204
Upcoming Events near Glendale - Cherry Creek
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Neighbors help police catch accused burglars in Park Hill
- Police investigate homicide at Humboldt and Colfax in Denver
- Potholes start opening up in Denver streets earlier than usual
- Crime alert: 4-5 suspects wanted for string of violent street, store robberies
- Fire officials: 1 injured in Cap Hill apartment fire
- Wash Park residents on alert for men posing as security workers
- Reward offered for info on Obama swastika graffiti incidents near DU
- Homes, churches targeted for burglary in quiet Denver neighborhood
- University of Denver warns about date-rape drugs after 3 assaults
- Police look for suspect in attack on female jogger in Denver