Denver Scholarship Foundation plans to award $5 Million next year | Schools
As the April 1 deadline approaches for Denver Scholarship Foundation (DSF) scholarships, high school seniors are working with counselors and advisors to complete and submit their application as well as the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Since its launch in 2007, DSF has awarded more than $13.3 million in scholarships to 2,638 DPS graduates, and it plans to award another $5 million to graduates next year alone. As of fall 2011, 80 percent of all DSF Scholars are either still enrolled in college or have completed their program. Thousands of students receive support for college enrollment, FAFSA and college scholarship applications via Future Centers, which are located in DPS high schools and operated by the Denver Scholarship Foundation. Future Centers have served 25,000 DPS students since 2007, inspiring and assisting them on their journey toward college.
About 78% of DSF scholars will be among the first generation in their family to graduate from college. The need-based DSF Scholarships are available to qualifying students who have attended a DPS high school for four years.
WHAT: FAFSA Workshop – includes interview/photo opportunity
WHO: DPS high school students and DSF advisors
WHEN: TODAY -- March 15 @ 10 a.m.
WHERE: Emily Griffith High School
1250 Welton St. 80204
Top Glendale - Cherry Creek Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- mGive, created by Denverite, revolutionizing charitable giving by text message
- DPS uses drills to prep student for tornados
- DU issues date rape warning after 3 reported incidents
- Hickenlooper’s signature sends revamped school financing plan to voters
- Report: DaVita has $300 million reserve to settle kickback probe
- 2 arrests made in Washington Park crime spree; Police warn residents to stay alert
- Washington Park residents say houses are being marked for burglary
- Woman escapes from man accused of exposing himself, then grabbing her
- Groper attacks sixth woman in Denver
- Vehicle backs into popular south Denver restaurant